Planning for the Ice Cream Social
The Historical Society is planning to have the annual ice cream social on Saturday, July 18th from 5:30 - 8:30.
Of course this is all subject to the current restrictions for COVID-19 at the time, and we really are not in control of that situation. Please be prepared to practice social distancing and take every precaution to guard your health.
More announcements will appear here as things come into focus and more arrangements are finalized.
In the mean time, we're looking for the bakers out there to donate pies and cobblers to be sold. There's nothing better than blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream. Any kind of fruit pie or cobbler is welcome.
Planning 2020 Events
The Historical Society had a meeting on May 19th, 2020. The present plans are to hold these events:
The Ice Cream Social on July 18, 2020
The Fair Grove Heritage Reunion on Sept. 26th and 27th
A work night will be held at the mill on Tuesday, May 26th at 6 p.m.
Special Note: We are always seeking new old pictures (never published before) for our annual calendar. If you haven't dug through those boxes of pictures that grandma left you, this weekend is a good time to do it. Contact Dan Manning if you find something we can use. If you can name people in the pictures that's great, but any pictures of people in this area in the 1960s or earlier is of interest.
There are still a lot of vendors and crafters who are planning to be at the Heritage Reunion. As everyone is aware, it's difficult to make plans because of the shifting events that are the result of the COVID-19 pandemic. As with anyone else, we are subject to government regulations and restrictions on all public events.
Heritage Reunion 2019 Update
We're a little over two months out, and thought it was a good time to update the Fair Grove community and our crafter and musician friends.
After some major changes in responsibilities, things are going great!
- We have been able to contact, or have been contacted by, all but a handful of crafters who had booths last year. Since there is always a little attrition with people retiring or focusing on different areas or simply deciding to not come, we think this is all very normal. However, if you are a crafter and expect to have a booth at the Heritage Reunion this year, you absolutely must contact us with the information on the Applications page.
- All slots for musical performers are filled. Sorry if you missed a chance to perform but there's always next year.
- If you would like to have an antique car, truck or tractor in the Heritage Reunion Parade you need to plan to be in the High School parking lot between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 28th.
- Cross your fingers, pray and/or thrown salt over your shoulder hoping for good weather.
- The Historical Society is selling ads for the Heritage Reunion Program book. If you are interested in advertising, contact one of these people:
The Ice Cream Social is coming up in less than two weeks, and we're looking forward to seeing everyone there for a good time. If you have an antique or showplace car or truck, remember to drive it in to display.
This is good news!
The Historical Society is determined to make sure that if you had a booth at the Heritage Reunion last year, that you will be able to get the same booth next year. We want that to happen, and it's going to happen.
But this means you should help us out be contacting us on the Applications page, or call 417-759-2807 and let us know you're coming back! It's just that easy.
Stay in touch and let us know if you have any concerns in this area. We're all looking forward to this fall.
Page 1 of 2